Organic Fabric Truths
- Organic fabrics, such as cottons, are grown without the use or genetically modified seed, toxic pesticides & synthetic fertilisers. The methods and materials used have no/very low impact in the environment.
- Organic production systems replenish and maintain soil fertility, reduce the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and fertilisers and build biologically diverse agriculture
- The aim in the organic value chain is to eliminate chemicals at every stage, including dying so that water is free of harmful chemicals and can be recycled back into the earth
Conventional Fabrics Truths
- Conventional cotton farming consumes approx 25% of global pesticides and fertilisers. Gradually fields used for cotton are rendered barren from the use of these harsh chemicals.
- Due to the chemicals that are released back into the environment, they are absorbed by humans, animals and plants
- The textile industry is the number 1 polluter of water worldwide
Disease rates correlated with chemical exposure are on the rise, including infertility, asthma, depression & anxiety, immune system suppression & genetic alterations